Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mango Salsa

Salsa?  I don't know if that's the correct word for this recipe.  Maybe my brother the chef would supply me with a different word.  I made salmon for us the other day and served this along with it and it was definitely the little one's favorite part of the meal.  She ate the majority of it (unfortunately, for me!).  There really isn't a recipe you have to follow... these are the ingredients and ratios I used.  You can have as much of a certain ingredient as you would like, though! 

Mango Salsa

1/3 of a mango, diced
1/2 of a tomato, diced
1/4 cup cucumber, diced
1/2 of an avocado, diced
1-2 tbsp. diced red onion (or whichever color you prefer)
juice from a lime (however much you would like)
Salt (optional- I didn't use it and I didn't think it needed it)

Mix them all up in a bowl!  It's best if you can make this 1-2 hours before you plan on serving it, so the flavors marry.  We served it over fish, but I made it again and served it with chicken and it was just as tasty! 

No comments: