As I was running a few errands on Saturday, I turned on some worship music. Christy Nockels has always been a favorite artist of mine. If I could sing like anyone in the world, it would be her. Not only is her voice beautiful, but the lyrics of her songs speak to me and really help me worship God. This song came on and even though I have heard it a few dozen times, it really hit me yesterday. I listened to it several times, each time praying it for my family. I hope that every day my husband and my daughter will see the love of God in my life. I will be honest and say that frequently the distractions overcome me and I do not focus on this as I should. My only hope is in the fact that God is gracious and that He gives me a chance to start over. And oh that the people around me would be able to see the Grace of our Heavenly Father in my life. God has given each of us unique abilities and I think Christy Nockels does a lovely job encouraging the strengths of men, women and children. Here are the lyrics... I hope they touch you and if you have a chance to download the song, please do so.
"By Our Love"
Written by Christy & Nathan Nockels from the Album "Life Light Up"
Brothers, let us come together
Walking in the Spirit, there's much to be done...
We will come reaching, out from our comforts
And they will know us by our love...
Sisters, we were made for kindness
We can pierce the darkness as He shines through us...
We will come reaching, with a song of healing...
And they will know us by our love!
The time is now
Come Church arise...
Love with His hands
See with His eyes...
Bind it around you,
Let it never leave you,
And they will know us by our love...
Children, You are hope for justice,
Stand firm in the Truth now, set your hearts above
You will be reaching, long after we're gone,
And they will know you by your love!
© 2009 worshiptogether.com Songs / sixsteps Music (admin. by EMI CMG Publishing) (ASCAP)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thank you for sharing this post. Have you heard the song "Healing is in Your Hands" by Christy Nockels? I love it!
Post a Comment