Sunday, October 7, 2012

September

When we were still in Germany, my friend put on a little blogging course for those of us that wanted to have an easy way to update family at a distance.  Thus began the blog.  The majority of those in attendance were moms, and the majority of the moms had their kids with them.  This is prevalent information.  I was seated on the floor during the "workshop" and along came a toddler that toppled straight down onto my laptop.  My computer was never the same.  :)  Amazingly, it lasted an additional two and a half years, bent screen and all.  I'll be honest... my computer issues have very little to do with outside factors.  They are mainly internal factors... or really internal factor: me.  Electrical devices have little hope in my hand.  We usually by extended warranties.  I bought a 3-year warranty with my last laptop, and I used and abused that warranty.  It definitely paid for itself.  I had to get a new hard drive, a new motherboard, a new battery, and I think one other thing, but I really don't remember what it was.  Here is where I am going with all of that: I finally had to get a new computer.  A bit over a week ago, I turned on my computer and the screen went: flicker-flicker-flicker... off.    Good bye, Dell XPS, Hello iMac.  Here's hoping I have better luck.  

On to the girls:

You would never guess by looking at this picture what troubles we went through in the first year when it came to this little girl and sleep.  Now when I say, "Amelia, it's time for nap (or bed)," she crawls to the stairs.  Sometimes she even does it unprompted!  What a love.

 Matching PJ's:
 They were all playing the drums:
 Looking out at the open space behind us:
 They must have found it unsatisfactory, because we haven't seen them since.
 The ocean (I am slated to paint an elephant on her arm tomorrow.  I am horrible at drawing elephants.  I am hoping I can talk her into a horse instead).
 Cheese.

 Cheese.

 Following in my footsteps?  We'll see! (She's more creative than I ever was)!


 Putting her shoes "on."


 Amelia is a climber:  
 Action shot:
 Hilarious:
 Abbey and I made fresh pumpkin pie one day (thank you very much, Dora book).  We didn't finish it until bedtime, so I promised her she could have it after breakfast the next morning.
 Amelia thoroughly enjoyed it, as well.
I always knew it would be harder to keep sweets and things out of younger siblings hands.  There is no pulling the wool over Amelia's eyes.  I figured a small piece of pie was no different than a pop-tart.

We spent the majority of September outside.  The weather here was absolutely perfect... 72 degrees (22 celsius), little breeze, gorgeous sunshine (a bit cool in the shade).
 More climbing:


 Talking to Daddy, working in the basement.
 Abbey LOVES to help. 


 More climbing:

I am looking at all the pictures... I really don't keep the girls in their PJs all day (although that would be Abbey's preference).  It just looks that way because a lot of times I have the camera out first thing in the morning!

No comments: