Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sisters...

I can safely say that I have the best brothers.  I loved having two big brothers growing up... I looked up to them in a lot of ways.  A lot of the things I ended up doing in life, I did because my big brothers did them first, such as swimming (Kyle), cross country/ track (Ty), soccer (Kyle and Ty... and the promise of a soda after the game), and my desire to attend Texas A&M was largely because both of my big brothers went there.  I had a lot of fun growing up with them and I am so glad that we have maintained our relationships.  They played a huge role in who I am today (of course I also owe a lot of that to my amazing parents, my husband, and a relationship with Christ).  Yes, I love my brothers.  But there was always a part of me growing up that wondered what it would be like to have a little sister, in addition to my great brothers (don't worry, Dad and Mom... I don't hold it against you). ;)  

I do realize that most younger siblings are probably enamored with their older sibling, and vice versa whether they are boy and girl.  I just really enjoy seeing these two interact.  Here are some pictures of what I hope will continue to be a great relationship between our two girls...

Holding hands in the stroller...
 Re-post, but I love it...
 My favorite series to date...





 Re-post, again...
 They don't look particularly happy in this picture, but they were for a few seconds!

I had a few problems uploading these videos, but hopefully it will work if you click on the below links:



I should note that Grandad, Grammy, Mommy and Daddy each tried bouncing Amelia on the mattress, and none of us got even close to the response that Abbey did...



No comments: