Monday, May 14, 2012

Abbey's 3rd Birthday Party

Ok, Abbey isn't quite 3 yet... her actual birthday isn't for another few days.  We will be out of town on the actual day, so we celebrated early.  It's a good thing we aren't German.  According to their tradition, if you celebrate your birthday early, you won't have luck for the year.  I think she'll be alright.

I gave Abbey three choices for her birthday party theme.  I didn't even need to give her the choices, because I knew what she would pick.  Dora.  The funny thing is, she has actually only watched the TV show about 5 times.  A few months ago we were at the library and she wandered over to the area that has TV show character books, and there is a large "Dora" selection.  Since that day, we have read each of the "Dora" books, oh, say 7,000 times.  Not that we don't love it.  ;)  (Sidenote... I said "no" to checking more out this past week... as Abbey told Daddy the other day, "We are taking a break from Dora books.")  So we celebrated birthday #3 with Dora and Boots.  Forgive me if you haven't watched the show... it was a theme party, so some of the captions might not make sense.  And a HUGE thanks to my friend, Desiree for taking pictures for me.

"Backpack" and "Map:" 

 3!
 My pink girls and me:
 When we were in OK a few weeks ago, my mom asked Abbey what she liked to do... her response was "jump!"  So this is what Grandpa, Grandma, Grandad and Grammy gave Abbey for her birthday:


I think she likes it.

Party guests arrive...


Getting ready to Explore:

 "Who do we ask for help when we don't know which way to go? Map!"

 I love that they are all looking at the map...
"Crossing" the Troll Bridge...
 Love this pic of the littlest A... she was such a trooper the entire party.
 Pin the Boot on "Boots:"
 Go through Bubble Forest:




 And we made it to Abbey's Party Snack Table!  Lo Hicimos!  We did it!
 Oh, Miss Cynthia... you are forever a star in our book.
Ice cream cake... by far one of the easier cakes to make and decorate.  Whipped cream is more forgiving than frosting!  I confess that I tried to make a Dora face on the cake.  I ended up with a flower.

 She started blowing out the candles before we sang...
 S-h-y...
It seems like such a short time ago we were celebrating her FIRST BIRTHDAY and SECOND BIRTHDAY.  It's fun to look back and see the change.

Warming up with cupcakes while I cut the ice cream cake...









Happy (early) Birthday, Abbey!  We love you!

2 comments:

mommy of two... said...

So Cute! We had such a great time! You have to be the best party planner and decorator I know!

Amanda Clarke said...

We love you too Abbey! Can't wait to see you soon! What a clever, inventive Mummy you have designing such an amazing party!