Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Last Days on Rathenaustrasse

We are officially back in the Mountain Time Zone.  And feeling the effects, let me assure you.  The last two nights have included getting up for a 3:30 am snack for the little one.  Who can blame her... it's lunch time according to her body!

The last 14 days in Germany were very busy.  We got a call from someone on Thanksgiving saying that they wanted to buy our kitchen, but they had to pick it up on Sunday (as in 4 days later).  This is what a kitchen looks like after all the cabinets and appliances are sold (and after your neighbor loans you a big table and Rubbermaid containers).
Right after Thanksgiving Stu left for his annual trip to Chicago and on Monday Abbey and I went to visit a friend in Italy (blog on that will be coming at a later time).  My computer decided to stop working in the midst of our last few days, so it put a bit of a kink on communicating.  Sigh.  I seem to have a bad affect on laptops.

We got some snow, so Abbey and I took advantage of our remaining few pedestrian days to walk around.  We always have to stop to look at the bunnies.
She has since decided she doesn't really like the snow very much.  If it gets on her shoes, she reaches down and says, "Off.  Off.  Off."  Our very girly-girl.  There isn't any snow on the ground in CO right now, so I'm sure she is happy with that.

We were out on a walk one day and I saw a craft booth selling various items.  The proceeds benefited the hospital where Abigail was born, so I decided to buy a pillow.  It was a good choice... she loves it and has to have it to sleep with in her cot now.
Sometimes when it's very quiet, Abbey will be sitting on a pillow looking at a book.  From what I have observed with toddlers, when there is silence, quiet book-reading usually isn't the norm.  If you click on the picture to see it larger, you will notice that the q-tips have been happily released from their box.
Every week Abbey and I go next door for a playgroup.  There are several kids around her age that go (some not pictured).  Poor Abigail had just returned from the doctor, having been diagnosed with bronchitis and an ear infection. 
One of the benefits of being sick is that she gets to watch a little TV.
We had a Ladies Night and went to the Erlangen Weihnachtsmarket (Christmas Market).  The snow certainly gave it an ambiance. 

Warming up with some tasty Greek food.  Yum!

The ladies at my church had a very nice international brunch on the last Tuesday before we left.  Abbey and I got to enjoy some scones with jam and cream, quiche, Chinese fried noodles, sausage (of course) and a lot of other dishes from different areas of the world.  I think I speak for Abbey and Stu when I say how much we will miss Erlangen.  We had such an amazing exposure to so many different cultures.  Thank you all for impacting our lives.

1 comment:

Amanda Clarke said...

We will miss you loads! Thank you for sharing some time with us!